Friday, November 16, 2007

restorations

I've finally finished the restorations that I've had since MAY (shame shame shame on me) and will be sending them off soon. Matting multiple images into one mat has always been a bit of a challenge for me; the first one did NOT come out with the right size windows so I had to start over. But I perservered and they look great; I think Janet (hi!) will be happy with them.

original:

janet1.jpg


restored:

janetfinal.jpg


She wanted to keep a sepia-y tone to them so after touching them up I converted to true b/w and added a browny-yellow layer in overlay mode and adjusted to opacity until I thought it looked right. I used the same color/opacity for the other images in the series so they would hang well together and not be all over the map.

No comments: