Saturday, January 26, 2008

60th anniversary

I made a trip home this summer to attend and shoot my grandparent's 60th anniversary brunch up near Lakewood, WI. All of my mom's siblings were there along with my brother and I and a few cousins I hadn't seen in a long time. I got some great shots of my grandparents and my grandfather with HIS siblings...here are some of my favorites:

my grandpa -

_MG_2401-Edit.jpg

my brother Bob -

_MG_2415-Edit.jpg

_MG_2460.jpg

the happy couple -

_MG_2474.jpg


these were on a shed outside the restaurant - aren't they neat?

_MG_2410.jpg

my grandpa (on the right), his sister and twin brothers -

_MG_2519.jpg

my great uncle and his wife -

_MG_2579.jpg

when my mom was little my grandmother used to line her and her brother and sisters up in order of age for all of their pictures...we just *had* to re-create one -

_MG_2673.jpg

this is the bike my brother and I both learned to ride on - my parents gave (loaned?) it to some friends of theirs when they had kids -

_MG_2693.jpg

_MG_2659.jpg

photo courtesy of Bob Parins



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy -
I really enjoyed seeing these photos after you did your editing magic on them. Very impressive. I have your raw files and can appreciate the difference.
BTW, in the interest of historical accuracy, that was Bob's bike. You were already zooming around on a 2-wheeler by the time he got that.

katy gray said...

But they were good photos to start with, which makes all the difference. All the editing in the world can't make a crappy photo into a good one. :)

zoooooooooooooooooooom!!!