Sunday, January 27, 2008

fisheye

I just got my new lens - a Canon f2.8 15 mm fisheye! I've been lusting for a fisheye for years so I am pretty giggly about finally having one. Of course, it won't look like a true fisheye on my current camera due to the crop factor of the sensor; yet another reason to get a 5d!

Here's a few examples - it actually almost looks like a rectilinear wide angle (less distortion) rather than a fisheye until you see the bending of the license plates. I can't wait to see what it looks like on a full frame sensor! Once the weather clears up I'll play with outside but here are a few I snapped off quickly in the office -

_MG_6957.jpg


some of my funky random figurines, including a few Little Homies, Smoking Baby, and a cake topper with a headless groom that I saved from the wedding I shot in Costa Rica this summer -

_MG_6974.jpg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that adorable little boy in the picture frame? And why doesn't the groom have a head? Is Nate OK???

The fisheye effect is intriguing; can't wait to see what else you do with it.

katy gray said...

Haha - It's the cake topper from John & Karla's wedding in Costa Rica - I have NO idea how the head fell off. I think maybe John dropped it. Apparently he kept the head and has been hiding it around the house for Karla to find.